Monday 1 August 2011

Time

Do you remember as a teenager, your everyday life consisted of:
  • Going to school
  • Doing an after school activity
  • Going home for dinner
  • Doing homework (or video games) until bedtime
  • Bed
Repeat x 5

Do you also remember telling yourself "There must be more to life than this" and you wait for something REMOTELY exciting to happen to your life. Whether it was a social gathering. Going away for the weekend. Going food shopping with your mom (Hey! No judging!). Just plain anything.

Then you complain to your parents/siblings/cousins/aunts/uncle how bored you were, hoping something will happen to your life. All they will say to you was "The older you get, the faster time flies by in your life. Just enjoy yourself for now."

Did you understand what that meant? I didn't....until this year.I've had so much experience this summer, that it has shaped me in so many ways. Work, love, life, friends and family.

Work has taught me about work and life balance and how I should learn to schedule things for myself.
Love has come and gone in my life and I realize it is something that requires patience and time.
Life has taught me....well it is too short and that I need to make the most of it.
Friends have taught me how to live my life and that it fills my world that much more.
Family has taught me....to always make time for them.
All these things have changed for me as I get older and will continue to change. In my 20's, I've realized how much I've grown as a person and understand I will continue to change. I am no longer a young child who is waiting for time to pass me by for life to begin.

Life has begun. Life is what I make of it and it will continue to be like this for the rest of my life. What I plan on doing with it and the decisions I make will shape me. It seemed that I use to wait for time to pass by but nowadays I want it to slow down. There are some things in life you want to take back...but time is something that no amount of money can buy.


Time is of the essence....tick...tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment