Tuesday 13 September 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Sour Cream Cake

School doesn't allow me to make such wonderful creations anymore...as I'm so busy with my hectic schedule.
This weekend, I had such a itch to make something out of my wonderful cake book I had purchased.

One thing I love about Rose's Heavenly Cake by Rose Levy Beranbaum is the measurements she uses. Baking is such a precise science and it is all about quality of certain ingredients, putting certain liquids and dry ingredients together in a way to form a reaction and baking them at a certain temperature. It is probably the only kind of chemistry I would never fail. Actually I lied, I've had my share of burnt cookies in my lifetime....

This was my first recipe and will probably not be my last either from this book. Her steps are very detailed and reading her book explained why baking requires certain things...and why substitution for certain ingredients is a definite no no. One recipe that looked fun and easy to do was the Lemon Poppyseed Sour Cream cake. Glazed with a lemon sugar syrup, this beautifully easy cake was complimented with a side of whipped cream and some fresh strawberries. It was light and fluffy and will be a hit every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment